Baker & Taylor Publisher Services (BTPS) is a bridge between publishers and the international marketplace, with a worldwide reach to trade and other markets. With a select group of client publishers, we provide international sales and marketing, strategy development and world class logistics, and other print and distribution services that are currently available from Baker & Taylor.
We offer full service distribution (sales, marketing, fulfillment) or rapid replenishment (fulfillment only).
For more information, please visit gps.baker-taylor-site.com.
Discover a Selection of Our International Clients
BTPS Account Set Up
You will require a separate BTPS account to receive publisher direct terms, rather than wholesale terms.
For New Customers:
If you are a new customer to Baker & Taylor and wish to apply for a BTPS account, please complete the new account opening form at the following link, and choose your business type: “Retail,” and then choose “Retail NON US.”
- New Account and Credit Application
- See our Step by Step Guide to filling out your New Account Application
Purchase orders for BTPS can be processed via your existing ordering method. The following methods are available:
- TS 360 – upload a system generated order (preferably excel format) or create an order on the site while logged into your BTPS/GPS account. See below for TS 360 ordering details.
- EDI – electronic ordering direct to Baker & Taylor customer service. Please contact your BTPS sales manager if you want to set up EDI ordering.
- Customer service – submit an order via email to GPS.CS@baker-taylor.com. Please include your BTPS/GPS account number on all purchase orders and any email correspondences.
If you are a new customer and would like to set up a TS 360 account and have access to online customer service (OCS) please go to the link http://www.btol.com/register_user.cfm. Passwords will be sent in a few business days.
Ordering with TS 360
As a Baker & Taylor Publisher Services customer, you have free access to TS 360, our comprehensive web-based ordering tool. You can search our entire product database, build shopping carts, transmit orders, and receive online confirmations of your orders. You can also view your invoices by accessing Online Customer Service (OCS) through TS 360.
If you are a new customer and would like to register for a TS 360 account and gain access to Online Customer Service (OCS) please go to the link http://www.btol.com/register_user.cfm. Passwords will be sent in a few business days.
Here’s some of what you can do using TS 360:
- Personalize your profile to set your general search preferences
- Use our powerful advanced search capabilities for super-targeted results
- Save search terms and criteria for searches you use often
- Find multiple items at once using batch entry of ISBNs
- New Release calendar lists what’s publishing every day of the month
- Access all of our front list and backlist titles. Orders will be picked/packed separately in a Baker & Taylor box with a GPS label.
Create Carts and Order
- View real-time inventory before you order
- Filter carts based on inventory in your primary warehouse
- Manage and organize carts to meet the needs of your business
- Share carts amongst employees
- Download cart contents into numerous file formats
Get Help When You Need It
- Visit the built-in Help section for comprehensive guides on using TS 360
- Access Online Customer Service (OCS) from within TS 360 for easy account management
Managing Your Account with Online Customer (OCS)
Once you have your TS 360 login, you will automatically gain access to OCS, our online account management system. Use it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to view, print, and email information related to your accounts, orders, backorders, and invoices.
If you would like to place your orders through Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), we support formats such as XML, BISAC, EDIFACT, and X.12, and make every effort to maintain our standards to comply with most major automation vendors. For your convenience, electronic ordering is available with continuous confirmation Monday-Saturday 5 AM – 11 PM; and Sunday 7 AM – 12 Midnight, all times in EST.
Please contact your BTPS sales manager if you would like to set up EDI ordering.
- Open account with line of credit
- Pre-paid accounts
- Payments by credit card (incur a 2.5% fee)
Payments to Baker & Taylor Publisher Services can be made in the following ways:
- Wire Transfer: Bank Code Descriptions | Electronic Payment Information-Intl. Wires | Electronic Payment Information- Remits
- Credit Card (Note: a 2.5% processing fee will be charged on credit card payments)
Invoice Gateway Online Financial Management Tool
We’ve created an easy web-based tool to give you a convenient way to access your account information and access your invoices at any time. Using Invoice Gateway, you will receive email notifications when new invoices and statements are available, you can make secure payments, and download your invoices into a variety of software packages.
Packaging and Shipping
- BTPS orders will ship in a Baker & Taylor box with a GPS label.
- Any returns requests made should be in line with your returns agreement with BTPS (see your sales manager), should be pre-approved by your BTPS sales manager, and will be will be processed on an affidavit basis. Please click the following link to access our affidavit return policy and procedures.
- Affidavit return requests must be submitted to your BTPS sales manager for approval. Once written approval has been granted, Baker & Taylor Publisher Services will need to receive an official certificate of destruction (COD) to process your credit. Please send the COD to customer service or your BTPS sales manager with the approved claim, for processing.
- Please note, some titles may not be eligible for return. Baker & Taylor Publisher Services will notify you of any non-returnable titles after reviewing your returns request.
For Help With:
- Check an order status
- Change an existing order
- Check status of shipments
- Missing/incorrect/damaged items
- Update your account information
For Help With:
- Questions about billing
- Copies of invoices
- Reconciliation of returns to credits
- Change credit card on file
- Request monthly statements
Submit a request
For Help With:
- EDI ordering and account setup
- TS 360 technical questions